IIMC Admission Notification Session 2018
Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), an international-known centre for training and research in Mass Communication, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, has invited applications for the following courses:
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English), New Delhi, Dhenkanal (Odisha), Aizawl (Mizoram), Amravati (Maharashtra), Jammu (J&K) and Kottayam (Kerala)
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi), New Delhi
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism, New Delhi
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations, New Delhi
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Odia) Dhenkanal (Odisha)
Duration: August 2018 to May 2019
Eligibility for IIMC Admission: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/are appearing in final degree examinations are also eligible to apply
|Sale of application forms begins from||
20th March 2018
Last date for sale and receipt of Application Form
1st May 2018
|Entrance Examination for Odia/Urdu/Marathi/ Malayalam Journalism (9 am to 11 am).||26th May 2018
|Entrance Examination for PG Diploma Course in Journalism Hindi/ English (9 am to 11 am), Radio & TV Journalism (12 pm to 2 pm) and Advertising & Public Relations (3 pm to 5 pm).||27th May 2018|
|Interview dates||Last week of June/first week of July 2018|
|Academic session begins||Last week of July/First week of August 2018|
Minimum Educational Qualification: Graduate in any discipline. Students appearing in final year of graduate examination may also apply for the entrance examination. However, final year marksheet/provisional certificate would have to deposited by 31st August 2018.
Date of birth: For general category candidates: 1.8.1993 or later. For OBCs it is 1.8.1990 or later. For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped candidates, the date is 1.8.1988 or later.
Reservation of seats: As per Government of India regulations.
Pattern for the written examination : Candidates will be judged on the following parameters through conventional examination pattern.
- a)For Journalism Courses: i) General Awareness, including understanding of social dynamics; interest in social history; awareness of public debates on matters of polity and economy; awareness about international developments influencing power equations in the world and their impact on India. ii) Aptitude & mental make-up, iii) language capability & iv) Analytical & comprehension skills.
- b)For Advertising and Public Relations: i) General Awareness, ii) Aptitude & mental make-up, iii) Language capability, iv) Analytical & Comprehension skills, v) Brand awareness & recall and vi) Quantification skills.
Entrance Examination Centres for Journalism (Hindi/English), RTV Journalism and Ad & PR : i) Ahmedabad, ii) Aizawl, iii) Amravati, iv) Bangalore, v) Bhopal, vi) Chennai, vii) Dehradun, viii) Dhenkanal, ix) Guwahati, x) Hyderabad, xi) Jammu, xii) Kolkata, xiii) Kottayam, xiv) Lucknow, xv) Mumbai, xvi) New Delhi, xvii) Patna, xviii) Raipur, ixx) Ranchi and xx) Srinagar.
Entrance Examination Centres : Marathi Journalism (Amravati and Mumbai), Malayalam Journalism (Kottayam), Odia Journalism (Dhenkanal) and Urdu Journalism (Bhopal, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jammu, Lucknow, Patna and Srinagar)
IIMC Regional Campuses : i) Dhenkanal (Odisha), ii) Aizawl (Mizoram), iii) Amravati (Maharashtra), iv) Jammu (J&K) and v) Kottayam (Kerala).
1. You can either fill the application form online and also pay the fee online or download the application form, fill it and send by post along with the Demand Draft for application fee to the address .
2. The applicant should fill the form in his / her own handwriting.
3. The candidates can submit one Application Form for either Journalism (Hindi) or Journalism (English) as the written entrance examination and question paper will be common for above courses.
4. Similarly, The candidates can submit one Application Form for either Journalism (Urdu)/ Journalism (Odia)/Journalism (Marathi)/ Journalism (Malayalam). The written entrance examination for above courses will be conducted simultaneously.
5. For each course, there is a separate form. The candidates should check before filling the form that it is for the course for which they want to apply.
6. Please start filling up the application form only after reading and fully understanding the instructions.
7. Do not use a pencil for filling the form. Use Black Ink only.
8. Please paste your recent passport size photograph, duly attested, on the Application Form.
9. Do not use dashes (-) or dots (. . .). If any item in the application form is not applicable to you, please write ‘NA’ (not applicable); or ‘No’, ‘Nil’, and, if applicable, indicate it with a tick ( ) mark.
10. Applicants born on or after August 1, 1993 only are eligible for admission. However, relaxation in age of 5 years is given to SC, ST, and Physically Handicapped candidates and relaxation in age of 3 years to OBC candidates.
11. Please clearly indicate the category to which the applicant belongs, i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicapped.
12. Only Indian Nationals are eligible for these courses.
13. The applicant is required to put his / her specimen signature in the space provided in the Specimen Signature Box. The candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall only on production of the Admit Card issued by the Institute.
14. Apply only very little gum at the edge of the flap for sealing the application forms in the envelope, so as to avoid damage to the form while opening the envelope.
15. It is very important that the application form be filled as per the instructions carefully and correctly. It is the personal responsibility of the applicant to ensure correctness in filling up the form. Any deliberate misrepresentation of information discovered even after the admission would result in cancellation of admission to the course.
16. The applicant is required to fill all the columns carefully. A form not filled completely, is liable to be rejected.
17. The Institute will not be responsible for postal delays or loss in transit. However, if the candidate does not receive any intimation, he/she may contact the Additional Director General (T&A).
18. If, any wrong information is given in application form, it is likely to be rejected
19. For downloading Applications: The candidate shall be guided on the website itself regarding the application downloading process. Candidates filling the application form downloaded at www.iimc.gov.in must also send a Demand Draft of Rs. 1,500/- for General & Rs. 1,000/-for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped category candidates drawn in favour of “IIMC, New Delhi” as Entrance Examination fee on or before 1st May, 2018 by post or in person. It is most important that the name of the applicant be written on the back of the Demand Draft. Downloaded application forms will be accepted subject to receipt of Demand Draft for Entrance Examination fee by the due date,
otherwise the application will be rejected.
20. Completed applications should reach (in person/ by post) The Additional Director General (T&A), Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067 on or before 1st May 2018.
21. The information given in this brochure is indicative and can be amended without any intimation. Any dispute in regard to any matter shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
For further Information Contact :
New Delhi – 011-26741073, 26741352, 26741062,
Fax : 011-26742462, 26741268,
Dhenkanal 06762-226194 & 226196,
Fax: 06762-226195, 226197
website : www.iimc.gov.in