The Asian College of Journalism, Chennai is a postgraduate college designed to provide students with world-class journalism education adapted to the specific needs of India and other developing countries in Asia. Through its unique course structure, the institute, it seeks to prepare its graduates to achieve the highest standards in all branches of the profession.
- The institute offers specialisation in Print, New Media, Television and Radio. However, the successful candidates are not allowed to pick the specialisation before undergoing one-year compulsory programme which teaches the basic elements common to the four categories of the media
- There are five required courses in the first term: Reporting, Writing and Editing; Tools of the Modern Journalist; Key Issues in Journalism; Media Perspectives; and The Media, Law and Society.
- In the second term, students begin to specialise
- Students in the print stream begin to publish a regular lab newspaper, The Word
- Students in the broadcast streams start producing TV and Radio news programmes and documentaries
Graduates in any discipline and students awaiting their degree examination. To select candidates for its various programmes, the institute conducts an entrance exam in the month of May every year.
Asian College Of Journalism
Second main Road, (Behind M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation) Taramani
Telephone: 91-44-22542840 / 22542842 – 47