Established in 1990, originally as the Symbiosis Institute of Journalism & Communication (SIJC), the Institute was renamed in 1998 as the Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication (SIMC) to broaden the realm of media training beyond Journalism. In 2007, the institute was renamed again as ‘Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication’.
Courses offered by SIMC cover the entire spectrum of the media industry which include audio-visuals, journalism, advertising, PR and media management. SIMC claims to revise all the courses every year to align with current trends.
Details of the courses are:
Post Graduate Degree Programme: Full Time
- Master in Mass Communications (MMC): Duration: (2Years)
- Master of Business Administration (Communication Management) (MBA (CM): Duration: 2 Years
(These courses are offered at the Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune)
Post Graduate Degree Program: Full Time
1. Master of Business Administration (Communication Management) MBA (CM): 2 Years
This course is offered by the Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communications, Bengaluru
Under Graduate Courses
- Bachelor of Media Studies BMS: Duration: 3 years
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Photography) BFA (Photography): Duration: 3 Years
- Any graduate from a recognized university with 50% (45% for SC/ST) aggregate is eligible to apply
- Applicants expecting their final year results can also apply
- However, their admission will be provisional and subject to their furnishing proof of graduation with 50% by the beginning of the second semester
- For undergraduate programmes, the university conducts the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET). Selected candidates qualify for the second round comprising assignments, subjective written test, group discussion and personal interview.
- For PG programmes, the university conducts Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP). The candidates who qualify SNAP test are called for group discussion and personal interview.
Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (UG)
Symbiosis Vimannagar Campus, S.No.231
Vimannagar , Pune – 411014
Tel.: +91 020 – 26634511/12/13/14
Fax: +91 020 – 26634515