A new course ‘Advance Diploma in TV Programme & News Production’ is being introduced by Maharaja Agrasen College (University of Delhi), from the session 2015-16. This course is approved by UGC & duration of this course will be 2 years i.e. 4 semesters with multiple exit points at 6 Months (after completion of first semester), 12 Months (after completion of second semester). In case of exit after 1st Semester Certificate in TV Programme & News Production will be awarded to the learner and after 12 months Diploma in TV Programme & News Production will be awarded. The syllabus of this course is designed to equip the students with an intellectual and interdisciplinary approach that prepares them for the Industry. The learning process aims to strike a balance between the theoretical and practical approach to the field and enable the students to create a foyer in the market of contention. Syllabus of the course will be in alignment with National Occupational Standard of the Sector Skills Council and NVEQF / NSQF. Syllabus has been developed in consultation with the industry professionals, academicians & media & entertainment sector skill council. In order to make education relevant and to create ‘industry fit’ skilled workforce, the college will have to be in constant dialogue with the industry, so that they remain updated on the requirements of the workforce in the industry. The college will offer credit-based modular programmes, wherein banking of credits shall be permitted so as to enable multiple exit and entry. This would enable the learner to seek employment after any level of certification and join back as and when feasible to upgrade her / his qualification / skill competency either to move higher in her / his job or in the higher educational system. This will also provide the learner an opportunity to move from vocational stream to general stream and vice versa, subject to fulfilling the entry qualifications. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Currently, India’s Vocational Education Training (VET) system has almost no system where the prior learning of someone who may have worked in the unorganized sector for decades is recognized and certified. This is specifically relevant to the diverse traditional occupations of the people in various parts of the country. Institutions with requisite experience will be authorized by the certifying body to conduct assessment for RPL.
Objectives of RPL will be twofold: (I) recognition of prior learning or qualification
acquired outside the learning path, and (II) recognition of credits obtained through formal
learning. This would lead to career progression and skill up-gradation of the learners as well as
engagement of the experienced practitioners as resource persons.
Seats Available: 50
Advance Diploma in TV Programme & News Production offers 50 seats; preference will be given to the learners living in the local community of east Delhi. Rules and regulations for admission under reserved categories will be followed as per government of India norms.
The minimum educational qualification for admission into ‘Advance Diploma in TV Programme & News Production’ is 10+2 pass or equivalent from any recognized board or university Or Level-3 and Level-4 NVEQF / NSQF. For admission in ‘Advance Diploma in TV Programme & News Production’ preference will be given to the learners living in the local community. Rules and regulations for admission for reserved categories shall be followed as per government of India norms and policies. There is no age bar for admission in the course.
Scheme of Admission-
The candidates must have passed Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (10+2) or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto and/or Level-3 and Level-4 NVEQF / NSQF. Compartment cases of current year will not be considered for admission.
1. Admission to ‘Advance Diploma in TV Programme & News Production’ course will be based on performance in best 4 subjects of qualifying examination & Personal Interview of the candidate.
2. Weightage to qualifying examination marks & Interview will be in ratio of 70:30.
3. Call list for the Interview will be drawn on the basis of their best 4 marks of qualifying
4. Max. 3 candidates may be called against one seat for personal interview.
5. Candidates have to present all original documents at the time of Personal Interview.
6. The applicants seeking re-entry into the college will get preference in admission over the
7. All efforts will be made to make sure that no seat remains vacant. In case reserve category candidates are not available, vacant seats will be filled by general category candidates.
8. Following documents are required for admissions in ‘Advance Diploma in TV Programme & News Production’
10th Mark sheet + Certificate
10+2 Mark sheet + Certificate
TC / Migration Certificate
Category or/& latest Income Certificate ( if required)
9. Candidate may be asked to submit alltestimonials including category& income certificates in original to the college office for further verifications.
Fees for the Course
Fee of Rs. 6,000 per annum will be charged to each student enrolled in the course. The fund collected from the learners as student fee shall be used to recover part of the operating expenditure.
A scholarship of Rs. 1,000/- per month may be given to meritorious and regular students.
Certification and Awards-
1. Award of Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma, as the case may be, would depend on acquisition of requisite credits as prescribed by the certification body and not on the duration of the calendar time spent in pursuing the course.
2. The certificate will mention the credits earned, course duration (in hours), and the curriculum covered by the learner. Course is aligned with NVEQF / NSQF, the corresponding NVEQF / NSQF level & it will be mentioned on the certificate.
For More details Contact-
Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi -110096
Phone : +91-11-22610565